Friday, December 18, 2009

Hot Artichoke Dip

If my family believed in things like secret recipes, this would probably be one. Luckily we are not the secret recipe type, we all just like to talk too much for that. This dip has been present throughout my life at christmas parties, thanksgiving dinners, birthday parties and a potluck or two. It's one of the things I would make in my poorly equipped kitchens in college and impress all my friends with. It's super easy, everyone loves it, and it has four ingredients. But don't take my word for it, make it for yourself and you will see what I am talking about.


Start with parmesan cheese. You might as well just grate it in the food processor, you will have to haul it out to put together the rest of this dip anyways.


Add mayo, 2-3 cloves of garlic and a can of artichoke hearts. Blend it together.


Bake until hot and bubbly.


Hot Artichoke Dip (aka garlic pudding)

14 oz. artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
1 cup mayo (or 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup plain yogurt)
2 cloves of garlic (or 3)
2/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Lemon juice

Puree everything. Pour into an oven safe dish. Top with a drizzle of lemon juice, although to be honest, most of the time I forget the lemon juice and I have never noticed a difference. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Serve with pita chips, slices of bread, or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment